Saturday, March 12, 2011

The best of intentions

Since Miss Sunshine has had such a miserable couple of nights' worth of sleeping, I thought maybe she was having some acid reflux in the night or I just wasn't getting all of the burps out before I put her to bed.  So I went to the store and bought a crib wedge to help prop her up a little bit in her crib.  (Side note: the kid in the picture on the box has the scariest eyebrows I have ever seen!)

She's still getting up in the night, so it doesn't seem to be helping.  But tonight she actually woke up enough to eat at 1, so maybe she's waking up hungry and then falling asleep before we get any food going?  It's been a few weeks since we've spent 23 hours a day eating so she is due for another growth spurt.

Other than that, we still seem to have some tummy troubles.  I'm not sure if it's related to the shunt revision, or if it's due to her new obsession with sucking on her hands.  I think she sometimes chokes on a little bit of spit and then just empties her whole stomach once she starts to gag.  I should remember to go buy some shares in the company that makes Clorox Wipes.