Monday, September 12, 2011

Real vinyl works even better

I had gotten a couple of yards of "athletic wear" vinyl last weekend when I was out at the fabric store. Aside from the lack of cute, girly prints, it seemed like a better permanent solution for the highchair cover problem. So far it's working out fabulously. The prints on the tablecloths were starting to fleck off and leave stains on both Addy and the highchair. Plus, the new cover should be durable enough to put in the washing machine if necessary.

In related news, I talked to the EI coordinator this morning and asked if we could please work with a different OT/ST, so that's in the works. I'm trying to approach the behavior aspect of the gagging as a communication problem (instead of boredom), so I'm trying to implement some baby sign language to help LMS communicate with us. I suspect this makes me a bigger crystal-gripping hippie than the first OT.