Sunday, January 22, 2012

First crush

Addy is absolutely IN LOVE with Curious George.  It's kind of hard to decipher, but I think she calls him "Cue Geoge" or possibly "GeoGeoge," and she thinks he lives in the TV.  (Yes, I'm a bad mommy and I let Addy watch just a little bit of TV.)  I'm kind of hoping that some power-bonding this weekend with a little baby Curious George stuffed animal will help with the high-drama separation anxiety that she's been having lately.  I'm crossing my fingers but not holding my breath on that one.


She is also picking up lots and lots of new words lately.  Like, at least 1-2 per day for the last couple of weeks.  As far as new, cute tricks goes, she knows where her eyes, ears, and tummy are (though you have to ask her about her eyes first because both ears and tummy are too distracting), and she blows kisses and sometimes waves "Hi" and/or "Bye."  Like this morning when she waved "Hi" to Daddy when he went to get her out of the back seat of the car when we got to church.  She was beyond pleased with herself and laughed and giggled about it the whole time she was getting out of the car seat!