Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all those who mother us!

Addy was very sweet and wished me a "Happy Mamma Day" (with some coaching from Daddy). We had a good day of not doing a whole heck of a lot out of the ordinary.

I was trying to get her to settle down for a nap this afternoon, which she was beyond desperately in need of. She was mad about being sleepy and mad about wanting to play and mad about being too sleepy to play and just mad about being mad. So I asked her if she wanted me to sing to her to help her sleep and she nodded "yes." "Is there a special song you want me to sing to you or just sing something?" "Someting." I thought that all 10 verses of "Sweet Adelaide is Very Sleepy" would do us, but she was still barely awake enough at the end of the song to tell me "Play." "How about if I sing another song to you, Sweetie?" Two more verses pushed her all the way into sleepy land.