Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I paint it! See?

Addy came home from playgroup yesterday with an awesome picture of a fish that she had painted. "I paint it, fish! Fridger! [refrigerator, as in where she would like it displayed]"
The Fish

They used something described as "sand glue," the recipe for which I estimate the recipe to be about 10 parts colored sand to 1 part glue based on its extremely crumbly behavior. We're going to enlist the help of Daddy to get a good, thick layer of spray shellac put on to stabilize it so we can actually hang the masterpiece on the fridger.

Just in case the spray fixative goes horribly awry, I took a picture of the fish painting and went ahead and cataloged some of Addy's other recent art pieces while I was at it:
StarfishBug jarHouse with fluffy cloudsBats!Patriotic stars