Monday, July 29, 2013

Expectations too high?

I did the great wheelchair exchange today at playgroup (the vendor offered to meet me at the therapy center where playgroup meets, so we wouldn't have to make an extra trip).  Addy had already gone into her classroom when the vendor representative arrived, so I didn't actually get to see her try to use the wheelchair with its fancy, shmancy cable/pin-lock brake system until we got home.  Well, the brakes work, and the wheels turn, and the footrest is in the right spot, but the brake switches are mounted right next to the wheels and poor Addy's thumb got pinched in it when she tried to roll herself from the car to the house :( I think there should be room on the frame to mount the brake switches further away from the wheels, but I feel really bad about it.