Monday, August 26, 2013

More sewing craft projects

Addy has made it a daily request that she get to work on a sewing craft project with mommy.  While we haven't managed to do one every night, we have done something several nights now.  Last night we started on a multi-night project of making her a pillowcase-style sundress.

This morning she wanted to add pockets.  And make a matching purse.  And a dress for Nora.

And speaking of Nora, I started playing around with what to do for her baptism dress.

So far, some form of beaded smocking is what I'm leaning toward, but with white beads on white fabric.  I would go ahead and make something out of the red/off-white sample, but the red paint kept rubbing off the silly beads.  Not a good quality for beads to have, especially if they're going to be used for clothing on a drooling, chewing 10 month old.

For those who don't know or don't remember, Addy's dress was made from the train from my wedding dress.  I'm planning to use some of the rest of the beads from my wedding dress for the smocking on Nora's dress.