Saturday, September 21, 2013

Just around the corner

Halloween is coming!  I made fantastic progress on Addy's princess costume (still needs a zipper and a hem, but it's otherwise done as far as I'm concerned).


It's McCall's pattern 6141 in a girls size 3/4.  Or at least, that's the pattern I started with.  Bodice was crazy (and too big) so I redrafted the front as a single piece and modified the back to be a bit smaller.  The yardage was off by a lot, too, so the skirt isn't quite as wide at the bottom as originally designed.  Overall, though, I was able to alter/draft, pin, cut, and sew the whole thing (less the hem and zipper) in less than 12 hours.  Not bad.  And Addy seems pretty pleased with the outcome, too!

Nora's dragon costume is waiting on the arrival of the awesome lizard fabric I ordered yesterday.  I'm planning on a hoodie dress with spikes down the back and wings between the sleeves and the body.  Should be fabulous!